If you're concerned about the quality of the air inside your home then there is an easy, attractive and inexpensive solution.
Houseplants – cheap air filters
Former NASA scientist B.C. Wolverton, author of How to Grow Fresh Air, discovered that you can significantly reduce indoor air pollution in your home or office by introducing plants into the environment.
Houseplants clean indoor air in two ways:
1. They absorb pollutants into their leaves.
2. Houseplants give off water.
Indoor plants quickly and effectively get rid of a large number of toxic substances in the air.
Some of the best air-cleaning houseplants according to Wolverton are:
1. Arrowhead Vine (Syngonium podophyllum)
2. Boston Fern (Nephrolepis exaltata `Bostoniensis’)
3. Chinese Evergreen (Aglaonema modestum)
5. Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum wallisii)
7. Spider Plant
Found this website useful?
Please consider donating a few pounds to help me develop this site. Or share this post with your friends and follow me on social media. Thanks for your support!