Before you throw out that old toothbrush see these inventive ideas of how you could re-use it:
- Clean mud and dirt from the soles of shoes.
- Eliminate laundry stains – use the toothbrush to work a dab of detergent into stains before putting the items into the washing machine.
- Clean fingernails – perfect for gardeners to remove soil from underneath nails.
- Separate your lashes after applying mascara – instead of buying an eyelash comb try using an old brush to remove those clumps and define your lashes.
- Clean grout, around taps, shower heads and other hard to reach areas.
- Groom your eyebrows and tame any wayward hairs by spraying the brush with a natural hairspray before brushing through your brows. Saves spending money on an eyebrow brush.
- Clean computer keyboards – a toothbrush is ideal for getting between keys and removing the dirt and crumbs from that biscuit you had with your cuppa.
- Exfoliate your lips – apply some lip balm to your lips, dampen the brush and run the brush on your lips in a circular motion to get soft, smooth lips.
- Use to clean your beauty tools such as combs, brushes, and your hairdryer.
- If you dye or colour your hair then a toothbrush is ideal for touching up the roots.
- Clean bits of food encrusted between the tines of your forks.
- Scrub dog poo off your shoe.
- Eliminate stains from your carpet or upholstery when you need to scrub targeted areas.
- A toothbrush is great for cleaning bottles and narrow vases.
- Apply dry shampoo directly to the roots and other areas where you need it and save yourself money too.
Have you got any other ideas?
Looking for an eco-friendly toothbrush? Read:
Found this website useful?
Please consider buying me a coffee to help support my site’s running costs. Or share this post with your friends and follow me on social media. Thanks for your support!